Saturday, September 1, 2007

Bitter thoughts

I have gotta tell ya....there is nothing like a full scale scrap room reorganization to help you gain perspective. My room is currently a wreck, I've got so much organizing to do in my new space. I hate to admit it but I was having very bitter thoughts towards scrapping today. As I sat on the floor of my new space, surrounded, no let me correct that, buried in my beloved scrap crap, I could literally feel myself getting angry with this whole hobby. Sitting amongst my possessions, I could only think, What a stinkin' waste! Thoughts of, "I wish I had all the money I spent on all of this now", "Why am I doing this anyway?", and "Who is their right mind would waste all this space on supplies & 30+ albums?" Sickening. Really sickening. Suffocating even. At one point I seriously thought of selling it all & just throwing in the towel. As the night has worn on, I have decided that maybe, just maybe, I will continue to scrap as long as I can reduce my supplies. My goal? To get rid of half my stash. I know, you're probably thinking "she can't be serious", but I am. Believe me, my original thought was to reduce by two thirds, so half is nothing! That's it. That's all I have to say. Major purge, here I come!!
Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gigi.... i have to say, i've thought the same way.... the tip is not to even think like that... Like, i'll say, dang i spent this much... what if my house burnt down, i'd be crushed after all the time and money put into it, or when i die, what if someone throws my albums away... and these are the kind of thoughts that will ruin this fun hobby... so block it out of that head of yours, get organized, and start having more fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gigi... I feel your pain!! I'm really kicking myself right now since dh is no longer employeed. YIKES... I know I could pay the house payment for a few months with what I have. Don't feel bad, I can relate! Just think how your kids will love these albums later in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think just about any scrapbooker can relate. Which is why for 2006 I vowed to spend the very least on must have scrapbooking supplies. My annual total was under $200.00 and still to this day I don't spend nearly as much as I used to. PLUS, it forced me to use what I already have, dated or not.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram