Monday, January 31, 2011

A Hopeful Project for 2011

We are hoping to begin a new home project in the Spring. It looks as though the time is right for renovating our downstairs bathroom.

I have found some of the most inspiring bathroom photos, however, these rooms seem to be quite large...bigger-than-our-master-bedroom...large. Our bathroom is tiny. TINY. I'm sure many of you have closets bigger than our bathroom. It's maybe 6 foot by 7 foot?

Seriously. Our house was built in 1933 so I guess bathrooms back then were not the big relaxing spaces you see today. More like get in, do your business & get out kind of spaces! :-D

Here are some photos that I love...









Wait a minute!

I think I'm seeing a pattern here. If nothing else, these photos show that I love wainscoting & pedestal sinks. How strange. I never realized how similar these photos were while I was collecting them until now. Hmmmm. I guess I know where to start.

13 comments:

Chris said...

I love these photos and have been trying to come up with something to go around my tub...now I know what I want! That first picture has inspired me! Thanks for sharing these. :)

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

You know what you like! I would love to renovate our bathrooms. I really *heart* the fifth bathroom. Those floors, the storage, the pedestal sink, tub......*le sigh*.........

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

I enjoy both of those elements too....cool inspiration!

A Vintage Vine said...

Great inspiration Gina!

Tammy@beatrice banks said...

Very smart to collect inspiration photos. You start to see a pattern. You've got style. Love all the eye candy.
Finding you via Debbie's Newbie party. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
Have a great day!
Tammy

JenCoen said...

lol... that's exactly what I was thinking... I see a pattern! hehe. I am sure your remodel will be stunning! When you're done, you can always come on over to AZ and redecorate my house!! hehe

Mel said...

I am a huge fan of white in bathrooms so I loved seeing all of these. Ours needs a re-do too:) Thanks for the inspo.

Mel said...

P.S. Thanks for the link the other day....they are all sold out for this year:( but love her work!

Amanda said...

You've chosen some lovely bathrooms as inspiration, I'd be happy with any of those! I might have to get Spencer to have a look at this post and hope he get the hint!

ola appletea said...

so lovely bathrooms! :) Like your taste :)

Home of 6 said...

Seems you like claw foot tubs too. :)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

All of your photos are gorgeous. Each one is very similar. Seems like you have really decided what you like. Hugs, Marty

Dawna said...

Great photos! I live wainscoting and pedestal sinks...have them in our bnb bathrooms and my "small bathroom " in our house as well. Good choice!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...