Monday, January 10, 2011

A Winter's Mantel

I wanted to share my mantel with you this morning.

As I spent weeks figuring out how to decorate the mantel for Christmas, at the same time, I couldn't help think about how I was going to decorate the mantel after Christmas.

I finally thought that a winter theme might be nice and something that I hadn't done before.

I saw a few pretty yarn & Christmas ball wreaths in blogland, and I loved them. (There's a really beautiful one here.) So, I decided to make one for myself...minus the Christmas balls.

I would sit on the couch at night, watch a movie & wrap yarn around styrofoam balls. I cannot tell you the amount of times that I dropped a ball and my yarn unraveled as the ball rolled around the floor. It got so that my husband silently watched me with utter amusement every single time I scrambled around after the ball, yelling my head off. I can only imagine what he was thinking in his head. What can I say, I provide cheap entertainment. :)

So my friends, here is my version of the yarn ball wreath:



I think it turned out fairly well. (Of course not quite as lovely as the one I showed you in the link above, but I'm still happy with it.)

And here is my winter mantel:







I'm linking this up at Marty's blog A Stroll Thru Life. Every Tuesday, Marty graciously hosts Tabletop Tuesday. Go on over and take a peek.



Wishing you a warm & cozy week!

Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

7 comments:

  1. Oh Gina,
    I love your winter mantel. I've seen those yarn ball wreaths around too and think they are so pretty. I think yours turned out beautifully. Now I want to make one too. Have a wonderful Monday.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute mantel! I love the mittens and the blue and white is so pretty. I think your yarn ball wreath is very cute and I can only imagine the 'fun' you had making it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is so clever, I love it. The mantel looks wonderful and the mitten garland is just the cutest. Very beautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gina! Oh, your winter mantle looks wonderful and that little wreath you've made is so cute! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! You're the best decorator!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. I just love the blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, that touch of blue with the white is pretty!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram