Tuesday, February 22, 2011

For the love of reading

I love books, I love to read. I have often wished for a library & have many times thought of how I can make a library at home.

We do have an extra bedroom that is currently being used as an office & "scrap" room. When I say scrap, I mean scrapbook. I was once an avid scrapper. Nowadays, not so much. My husband is always quick to say, "you can have a library if you want to get rid of your scrap crap."

My former obsession hobby is taking up lots of prime real estate in this office as is the expensive custom countertop I ordered to run the length of the room so I'd have lots of space to scrap upon. Let's not forget the massive industrial shelving holding all the albums too.

Until I can figure out whether to scrap or not to scrap, I guess my library is on hold. I can only dream...


Source Unknown


from House Beautiful


from House Beautiful


from BHG


from BHG

I'd even take a cozy reading nook. This one is perfection:


from John Wallace Bernecke Designs

Do you have a library in your home?



If you haven't entered my Celebration Giveaway yet, click here.
Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

8 comments:

  1. I love photo 1 and photo 4. Gorgeous!! Make your library! Put all of your scrapping supplies in wicker backets and store them on the shelves between the books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but sure wish I did, I sell them when I finish at the yardsale every year. My son bought me a Nook for Christmas but it didn't work, so exchanged it for a Kindle...love it! I sure hope though that it doesn't bother the bookstores as Border just went bankrupt!
    Thanks for stopping by Gina!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you love to read, you should join our What We're Reading linky party the twentieth of every month! I would love a library. I am converting our never-used living room in to an art studio/library. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Library here, I do love the look though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents have always had a library. Actually, a library wall in several rooms! They collected books quite a bit! As I get older I've found myself doing the same thing. ha!
    Nowadays, I thank God for Nook! Both my kids have one, and I have the (ahem, free) app on my phone! We all share a family account so we can read each others books whenever we want! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A library is a nice room to have! My husband's home office is also a library. Our dining room is starting to become my craft area! Nice post!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo! Now I want a library too. These rooms are gorgeous. Let us know what you decide..."To Scrap or not to Scrap, that is the question" :-)

    Now to answer your question about my decoupage jars...I had to remove two layers from the back of the napknin and glue the piece very slowly and little sections at a time but it went fairly quick and with a bit of patience it went pretty smoothly :-)

    Have a fantabulous day my dear friend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the house beautiful walls, wonder how they did those! I have a little house, no room for a luxurious library and there is no way I am giving up my crafting room!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram