I've been working like a busy bee all summer long. We've got approximately 30 days of summer vacation left, so I'm trying to make every day count.
I got an itch to cover a lamp shade. Something I've never done before but have seen done all over blogland.
So, I took this old shade that was hanging out in my basement.
I bought some ruffled trim at Joanns & started gluing.
Somewhere along the way, I found a tutorial for making pompom flowers. (I wish I could remember where) It didn't seem too difficult, so I got busy making a few.
And this is what I ended up with.
The shade was originally intended for my living room, but I really loved how it looked in the bedroom instead.
I love it when a project actually turns out well. Believe me, I've had my share of disasters.
Roeshel at The DIY Showoff for the Project Parade
Stephanie at Under the Table & Dreaming for The Sunday Showcase
The Girl Creative for Just Something I Whipped Up
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Judy at DIY by Design for Sizzle into Summer
Karen at Goodbye City, Hello Suburbs for Workshop Wednesday
Thanks for stopping by today. Make it a good one!
Edited to add: If you would like to know how to make the Pom Pom flowers that I used on this lamp shade, see my tutorial here. Thanks!