Thursday, October 6, 2011

Apple Cake

The baker in me loves this time of year. Desserts made with apples or pumpkin are the epitome of Fall goodness.

Today, I would like to share an apple cake with you. I got this recipe from Taste of Home.



Adams County Apple Bundt

3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups plus 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Confectioners' sugar, optional

In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, 2 cups sugar, oil, eggs, orange juice, salt and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined. In another bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar.
Spread a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.  Cover with half the apples. Repeat layers. Spoon remaining batter over top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.

Yield: 12-16 servings.

Hope you enjoy!

Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

16 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I get taste of home too. We just made buffalo chicken sloppy joes and they were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I was just going to try and atleast get something posted this week, sat down at the computer and thought about getting a cup of tea....then your delicious picture pops on the screen!! Now wouldn't that be delish with a spot of tea on this cool morning!! Have a great day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good Gina! My husband would love it, to bad I don't bake:) Poor man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to make me even fatter, are you? Wow- This looks wonderful! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy Gina...I can smell the cinnamon all the way over here :-) Looks soooo good. It's finally been cooling down a lot lately here and it has put me in a baking mood. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Much love,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Your cake looks wonderful. I agree with you about Fall and baking. Apples and pumpkins are perfect to bake with. I hope to post a stacked apple cake soon.
    Thanks again Gina for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for a good recipe to make with apples! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. This apple cake looks delicious. I'm going to bookmark this recipe and try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I can smell it! Is that possible??? YUM

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your picture is so beautiful. I just picked some apples off the tree today to make caramel apples. This would be wonderful. I agree, it is so fun to start baking all of these wonderful comfort foods again with the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum that looks so good,I need to try.

    ~JO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do hope one of those servings is for me. Yum!

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum!!! Super perfect recipe for fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gina, I love apple cake and yours looks especially yummy.
    I guess most of us wait until the fall to bake it but it is so delicious anytime. Don't tell anyone, but I like it for breakfast with coffee. ( without the scoop of ice cream). Now on second thought, ice cream is a milk product and milk does a body good. Right? Hehe. Hope you have a great weekend.!-----Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your apple cake looks delicious, I love to bake when the weather gets cooler. Apple crisp or pie is what I usually bake but your cake sounds like a good one. I enjoyed your fall in New York picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I get Taste of Home too!

    Your cake looks delicious! I have so many apples! I am peeling and freezing for use near the holidays.
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram