Friday, October 21, 2011

Mummy Dogs

I'm a recipe junkie. Not only do I have tons of cookbooks, but I also have a folder full of recipes that I've pulled from various magazines over the years.

This is a recipe that's been in my folder for quite a few years. I finally decided to give it a try. So for fun on Halloween last year, I made Mummy Dogs for dinner.


They may not have turned out perfectly, but my kids didn't seem to mind. They got a kick out of them.

(If you want to try your hand at these, the one of the far left is the one to aspire to.)

Mummy Dogs

Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
Hot dogs
Mustard/Ketchup

For each Mummy Dog, cut one dinner roll in half.  Roll each half into a 22-24 inch rope.  Wrap one rope around hot dog from bottom up 4 and  1/2 inches.  Cut a 1 and  1/2 inch piece off of the second rope and set aside. 

Then wrap the second rope around the hot dog from the bottom up 4 and  1/2 inches going the opposite way.  Wrap the 1 and  1/2 inch piece around the top of the hot dog. 

Place Mummy Dogs on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove from oven, cool slightly and add mustard eyes.  Serve warm with mustard/ketchup.

I hope you enjoy!

A very happy weekend to all.

Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

14 comments:

  1. Those are adorable, I make those too, but not mummified, I will next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute, Gina! I always get a kick out of fun food. My 13 year old son would probably drop ketchup all over it so it would look bloody!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! pass the ketchup please :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. I know what I am cooking and serving at our neighborhood culdesac Halloween party!!! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I used to make these for my kids when they were wee babes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can see why the kids love them! I love decorative food....If that is how you describe it!

    CArol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am making these for my kids. This will be right up there with Ocotopus on the rocks! They will love them! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gkids would love them! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fun! this is one of our fave foods too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummo~ we have them every year around this time. Actually, it's a good idea for dinner tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So darn cute!
    You are a very cool Mummy!
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun...And yummy too. Great idea Gina. Love it.

    Much love,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram