Monday, October 24, 2011

NY Yankees Baseball Party

My son turned 10 a few weeks ago and decided he wanted to have a Yankee baseball party.

Always one for a party, I started brainstorming ways to make his party fun & creative.

I ordered these amazing invitations from Fun Invites on Etsy. I received so many calls about these invitations...the guests were fascinated by them.


For security reasons, I smudged out our address.

I hung a "clothesline" of baseball cards.


Here is the tablescape I came up with:


Oh how I wish you could have seen my husband's face when I told him I wanted that green indoor/outdoor carpeting stuff. I know he was thinking, "Oh no, she's lost her mind!" When he found out it was going to be my tablecover, I knew he secretly loved the idea.

We had Grandy's Slam Peanuts and Jeter's Jacks. Of course, we had to have Baby Ruth bars. (Although I do know they were not actually named for The Babe.)


Gardner's Seeds.


What Yankee party would be complete without Mo's Closer Punch #602?


It was hard to come up with an idea for decorating a basic bundt cake. Scrapbook supplies to the rescue!


C.C. Sabathia's Cupcakes.


Here is the table with all the food including Posada's Pizza, Swishalicious Chips & Dipalicious, Teixeira's Tenders and Cano's Corn.


Honestly, my son just stood in front of the table and stared. He was speechless. My daughter said I should be an event planner. The guests (98% Yankee fans...there's always 1 or 2 Red Sox fans lurking about) adored it, so I think I pulled it off.


It was a celebration fit for any Yankee fan. Now if they could have only won the ALDS and made it into the World Series, our celebration would have been even happier!

Linking to:

Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

20 comments:

  1. Dear Gina, One of the fiercest Yankee fans lives here in my town. He would love this post. Good job!! Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a great party spread!! You did an awesome job of the decorations and I love the idea for your table cloth!! Those invitations are so cool too!! Happy belated bday to your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute party. Love the artificial grass and the
    Baby Ruth bars. I bet he had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable Gina! You made your son/hubby so happy! I love everything you did but didn't know Cracker Jacks were called Jeeter.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this party! What fun and I know your son was a happy birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fantastic!! Great job on the decor and the party table!! Love love love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT! We are huge Yankee fans here in my house!! Everything about your party is so cool...love the Astroturf idea! Your son will likely never forget this party.

    Your daughter has a good eye for talent. :)

    My favorite thing is Posada's Pizza...he's *my* Yankee.
    HIP HIP JORGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    your tablescape for the NY Yankees baseball party looks great. I love the way you put it all together sweet lady. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Halloween Tablescape so sweet of you.
    I hope you have a great week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gina, WOW -this is the first time I've been to your blog-found through Debbiedoos -The party you planned is so cool! Super cool that you have a blog to help capture all these blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You more than pulled it off! What a great spread, and perfect decor! Love the turf! You go you party planner, you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. The look on your son's face means you scored a home run!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun birthday party! Food and decorations are terrific!

    Your bench upholstery in the post below is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a new Twitter follower from House of Hepworths. You spread a great party. You did an awesome job of the decorations and the idea for your table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heck, yeah, you pulled it off! And your daughter is correct....you could be a fantastic events planner! :D This is the cutest party for a young man in the double digits I have ever seen!

    xoxoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with your daughter, you would make an awesome event planner. Love it all. Great job Gina.

    Much love,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gina,
    You SHOULD be a party planner! That was an adorable theme. I love the invitations. It'll be a party your son won't soon forget. My babies are all grown and I so miss planning their parties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gina, this is genius! Every detail was so well thought out. Will you adopt me? Don't let the fact that I'm old enough to be your mother cloud your thinking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore your Yankee table. It's so creative and fun!

    I have been a Yankee fan all my life. As a child I went to almost every game with my dad.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Gina. I am a huge, huge Yankee fan. You did a great job. I am sure your son was very happy. Although I guess he is not happy the Yanks did not make it this year to the World Series.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks great! Yes, too bad they lost. I am not a fan, of them or anyone. DH is a Red Sox fan. Very hard for a NYer!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram