Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts

I've had this recipe for quite a few years & decided it was finally time to give them a try.


What can I say? They are yummy, simple to make, and a perfect Fall or Thanksgiving treat.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts

2/3 cup (about 15) crushed gingersnap cookies
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
1 cup 100% pure pumpkin
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons sour cream, optional (I did not use)
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Paper-line 12 muffin cups.

Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press scant tablespoon onto bottom of each prepared muffin cup. Bake for 5 minutes.

Beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract in a small mixer bowl until blended. Add eggs; beat well. Pour (or spoon) into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (25 was perfect for me). Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove tarts from pan; refrigerate. (After refrigeration, I removed paper liners.) Garnish each with a little sour cream if you wish.

Place chocolate chips in a small, heavy duty plastic bag. Microwave on high power for 20 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag, squeeze to drizzle over tarts.

Makes 12 servings.


I hope you enjoy!

Linking to:

Potpourri Party #12 at 2805
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence

Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

27 comments:

  1. WOW, this sounds delish! I will be making these. Thanks for sharing the recipe Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm ! Sounds and looks good . How can I make that into a birthday cake ? My daughter loves any kind of cheesecake and we are celabrating her birthday on Thanksgiving .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me ANYTHING pumpkin or peanut butter I am all over it. These look great Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers Gina, you take really good food photo's!!! I don't care for cheesecake but I love everything pumpkin so I know I would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um... de-lish!!! wow!! can't go wrong with cheesecake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your visit!!

    And don't these look amazingly delicious!!

    I do wish I had more time to bake!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look and sound delish! Can't wait to try them!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I forgot to say that I'm your newest follower!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gina, these sound delicious!! What a wonderful alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie and these may just be making an appearance at our house next week. :-) Thanks so much for sharing them at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so yummy, Gina! Thank you for linking this tasty goodness to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound great Gina!! I picked the perfect time to open this laptop. I will make these for thanksgiving. : )
    Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds easy and it looks delish...I think I can handle making this sweet treat:-) Thanks for sharing the recipe Gina. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Much love,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  13. These looks so delicious. I think I'm going to pin this recipe so I'll have it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are beautiful (I love how the lines show on them after you take the wrappers off) and I bet they are delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, Gina, these look gorgeous AND completely delicious! I thought these were pics from a magazine--you go, Girl!!! XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi lovely lady.
    This looks so yummy Gina, thanks for sharing your recipe with us!! I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my new Thanksgiving tablescape. I also hope you have a wonderful day with your family for Thanksgiving.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love pumpkin cheesecake and this recipe looks delicious, especially with the drizzled chocolate!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh these are going to be on my to-do list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gina, did you hear that giant THUD?! That was me keeling over. You're killing me here!!!!!! This is mega yum at a time when I'm trying to, ahem, 'make better choices.'

    I'm not sure there is a better choice to be made than these tarts!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! that looks fabulous! I am bookmarking this! You have a great Thanksgiving!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. They look so good! Love the ingredients!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmmmm, delish! Thanks for sharing. I thought I was already following but didn't find myself in the Followers section so just did it again!

    Stop by and say hi when you can. I hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hmmmm, delish! Thanks for sharing. I thought I was already following but didn't find myself in the Followers section so just did it again!

    Stop by and say hi when you can. I hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know HOW I missed this post before. I am going to copy this recipe over right now before this crazy house takes over my life! Happy day to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram