Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

Hello everyone!

I've been doing a little baking recently. With the weather still chilly, I love to have something warm & sweet from the oven.


This cake has the cinnamon goodness of a coffee cake, but with the addition of chocolate chips. Yum!

Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

1 cup butter, softened
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and 1 1/4 cups of sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9 inch springform pan. Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar; sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting.

Now go ahead and devour it!

Please don't forget about The Great Spring'tacular Link Party Parade beginning Monday, March 12.


See you soon!
Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

19 comments:

  1. That sounds really good. I have never had a CAKE with chocolate chips in it (at least that I can remember). I am copying this recipe over to my "to make" file! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be right over with a big glass of milk =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a piece right now! It sounds so good!
    Have a great day,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. Chocolate chips and coffee cake. My favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had muffins that are similar to this and they are to die for. Your cake looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe looks very yummy! I will have to try it sometime!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This looks so delicious. I wish I had some right now! I've got to get my craft on in order to join your party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter, who happens to be home right now, would LOVE this. Chocolate chip muffins are a favorite of hers, and this would be like an even better version of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate chip and coffee cake. What is not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, Gina, you're killin' me here! This sounds so fantastic.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, Gina...This cake looks sooo good. Thanks for sharing the recipe Gina.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, Gina...This cake looks sooo good. Thanks for sharing the recipe Gina.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram