Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring/Easter Mantel 2012

I know that I teased you a few weeks ago about my Spring mantel, but today I'm going to share it with you because today we continue our Great Spring'tacular Link Party Parade!

My friend, Shannon of Fox Hollow Cottage, is hosting the Mantel Party today and it's always a blast when she's around!   


And we're off...............


I had an epiphany.  The wall above my mantel is just so big and the mantel is just so big, I had had enough of always trying to find something to fill the wall for each season.  Enter the epiphany mirror. 

This is what the mirror looked like when I bought it at Hobby Lobby.


Nothing some white paint couldn't cure! 


I bought these pink mercury glass hurricanes from Michaels, a year or two ago.


Another Michael's purchase, this year.  I just love the soft pink color of this watering can. 


A "foil" wrapped bunny that I bought last year.  I think he's fun because he reminds me of the foil wrapped chocolate bunnies from when I was a kid.   I don't think they make them like that any more, do they?


This glittery church came from Home Goods last year.  I love these glittery type houses/churches.  Add a bottle brush tree or two and I'm sold! 


This lattice box was a purchase some 3 years ago at a local florist shop.  I fell in love with it, bought it, and  haven't been able to do anything with it for the past 3 years.  No matter what I tried, I couldn't make it look good, so its been sitting in the basement waiting for the light bulb to go on in my head.  Here, I just turned it upside down as a base for my bunny.  Not the most creative idea, but at least its out of the basement!  LOL


Here's a close up of the book covered bunny.  Another Home Goods purchase, this year. 

 
I love how simple, light and airy my mantel feels this year. 

If you've got a mantel you'd like to share, please head on over to Fox Hollow Cottage and link up with me right here.  If not, come take a look at all the inspiring mantels other bloggers have linked up.  It may start a spark for you!

Also linking to:

Thursdays are Your Days at 52 Mantels
Your Cozy Home Party at Cozy Home Scenes
Spring Mantel Party at The Lettered Cottage

Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

32 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness!!! It's absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina:

    I love your mantel, reminds me of spring so much!

    Yes - the bunny does remind me of the foiled wrapped ones when I was a child also.

    I will try to get working on my mantel so I can include it on the Mantel party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! I have been dinking with my mantel off and on all day today. I'm just not happy with it yet. I love what you did on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina, I love your mantel! It's gorgeous! It's so springy! The pastels are gorgeous! I wish I had a Home Goods close- your bunny is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mantel. I don't have a mantel but had planned to join with all of you and get my bookcase/mantel decorated. The day is not over, maybe I will get to it. I will go check out the other mantels linked up. Happy almost spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love your bunny, Home Goods is my fav. The lattice is perfect in your display! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it G! So many pretty elements... the foil bunny is darling. And I don't think they do... I looked a few days ago and they were all chocolate. It all came together beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE it, Gina! I think it is just soooo pretty. Love your little "foil" bunny. The specialty shops do still make them but I love the mercury one you found. And that little church would have been mine if I had found it first!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your Easter/Spring mantel. It's so pretty and perfect for the season. I just love the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your mantel Gina especially the lattice with the large rabbit on top. Great party, thanks for being one of the hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your mantel! The mirror is perfect and the simple decor is lovely! The pale pink makes me so happy! I'm starting to feel very springy! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. This mantel is so pretty.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mantel is so lovely, Gina! I kept mine very lean and tranquil this time, too. I love how the simplicity gives each piece more of a statement. Just lovely!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Miss Gina. Simple, yet makes a hoppy statement!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it Gina, it does look lighter and airy, so nice after all the winter months! I remember the foil wrapped bunnies too, I think DT has some that come like 3 in a box!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have got to get myself a mantel! Yours is so lovely Gina! You certainly always know how to decorate it, no matter what the season.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet airy mantle. I love mirrors and have them all over instead of art. Great idea to turn your lattice box upside down and use it as a shelf. Perfect!
    I'm a new follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it looks perfect, the big mirror looks great...I personally love the minimalist look and not a lot of do dads...just me!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Gina! I was eyeing that book covered Bunny today at Marshalls it sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So lovely and fresh!!! Love the mercury glass with pink, very pretty.....and the foil bunny, bought one myself last year for the same reason, throw back to childhood!!! Am working on a paper bunny myself, we'll see how this turns out, right not its a tragedy!!! hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Gina,

    I love your adorable mantel. It's the cutest Springtime look.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  22. So so pretty! You did a fantastic job! I love the book covered bunny! You know I am gonna make me one :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gina,
    The mantel is so spring and festive looking. Very pretty. I like those glittery things as well.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving the pink mercury glass! How often to you switch up your mantle? Mine is just one way and I haven't yet ventured into changing it seasonally.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great minds think alike:) I love your mirror makeover! Everything looks fresh and springy!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gina,
    I love your mantel and how that bunny is reflected in the mirror! Elevating him was a great idea. Love that soft pink can and the foil covered bunny, too. I hate to admit that I haven't decorated my mantel yet!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Gina! Thanks for linking this up! I love your Easter mantel!

    I'm featuring it tomorrow at Mantel Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your mantel is so sweet and pretty, Gina! I love the soft colors ~ it all goes together so nicely. Your pink mercury glass is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. All of your things are so pretty. I loved those glitter houses when I saw them at HomeGoods last year. Didn't buy one, but I saw them back this time too.

    Love those pink mercury glass candle holders. Wanted those the last time I was at Michael's, but didn't know where to put them. I have so much "stuff" right now, I'm trying not to buy unless I know exactly where to put it.

    Goodness, I sound cheap don't I? Hee hee!

    I think I just need to come to your house to enjoy all the pretties!

    Thanks for sharing your mantel decoratins at my party.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Everything look so wonderful, makes me feel like spring even though its autumn here :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram