Sunday, July 1, 2012

Awarded


In the past few weeks, I have received two blog awards.

The first was from Judy at JBigg's Little Pieces.  Judy gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award.


The second was from Diane at The Checkered Apple.  Diane gave me the Versatile Blogger Award.


Thank you, Judy & Diane for thinking of me!
Now, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

One award requires me to post 10 random things about myself and the other requires 7.   I say we average them and go for 8.5 things about me.  Okay?

Warning:   I am in no way a  fascinating person and this is always hard because I'm trying to share facts that I haven't shared from previous awards.   So here goes nothing.  I hope I don't bore you to tears.

1.  I am the youngest of four children.  My siblings were quite a bit older than me so I was spoiled, spoiled, spoiled by my siblings and my parents.

2.  I hate flying and haven't been on a plane since 1996.

3.  I once painted my kitchen cabinets at 2 o'clock in the morning because I couldn't sleep.

4.  I am afraid of frogs....terrified may be a better word.

5.  I often start writing books in my head. 

6.  I love fashion so much, that it's probably a blessing that I'm not tall & thin or else I'd be broke!  lol

7.  I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. 

8.  I prefer peanut butter on my pancakes.

.5  I was born in 19_ _.  Thank goodness for that 1/2 fact! 

One award's rules would like for me to pass this onto 15 bloggers, the other says 10.  So again, I would like to average the two and go for 12.5. 

However.....I know there are so many of you who have Award Free blogs and so many who have already received these awards, so how about if I be a rebel, and not pass the award on?  Or better yet, if you would like one or both of these awards, let me know & I will gladly pass the torch to you.  Deal?

Thanks for sticking with me & I hope you enjoy your day!

Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

29 comments:

  1. We have some similarities with frogs (I don't really care if it turns out to be my Prince!) and flying, great fear especially since the way the world is with crazy people. Congratulations, and the .5 ones were really cute. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! And...I can relate, still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina,

    Congratulations on the awards!!!

    I've never tried peanut better on my pancakes. French toast.... yes!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You are well deserving of these awards.
    Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Joann I too have painted and wallpaper In the AM because i couldn't sleep! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your rewards! You are not spoiled...just incredibly loved...big difference...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I love your answers! I love that you painted your cabinets at 2:00am! You sound like me! Peanut Butter is a staple in our house, but I haven't tired it on pancakes yet! You're a perfect choice for these awards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your answers. I can just see you painting your cabinets in the middle of the night-lol Hope you have a wonderful Sunday night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gina,
    I just wanted to congratulate you on your awards. I'll have to try peanut butter on my pancakes.
    Have a happy 4th of July.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! It's always fun to learn new things about each other...Enjoyed....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know it's hard to share this sort of thing...I struggle with that too. Thank you though because I feel like I know you a little bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now, that was fun to read and learn!!! I'm also a big fan of peanut butter.....and thanks for not passing the award forward...hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  13. 9.) You are clever - well done, and congrats, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. #3 , #5 & #7 ~ I have totally done!!!

    Congrats on the awards! Have a great monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your sense of humor and your blog! Congrats on the special recognition- well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great way to play and accept the awards. You are so smart!!

    Whew, good to know, I will never send you a frog in the mail now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on your awards!! I think it is fun to read about you!! I am the youngest of 4 too...and spoiled spoiled spoiled...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too am afraid of frogs and that is a story for another day.

    Congrats in the awards.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Frogs....Frogs...I have never heard of that..Now, lets talk snakes! Oh, I hate that you can't fly, I hate it too, but I just take Xanax and get on, My brother has not been on a plane for 30 years, he had one horrible flight and never did it again

    CArol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrat's on your bloggy awards.....you'd be surprised at how many of your facts I identify with.


    Ciao Bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Me tooooooooooo...on number 5. I do that so much Gina...especially in the shower. I start thinking, and thoughts start flowing and I think, that is it, I am writing a book. Congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. New to your blog and wanted to say hi! :) I am your newest follower! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Gina! Great awards for a great lady! I'm the youngest of four too and spoiled, spoiled, spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Gina! Great awards for a great lady! I'm the youngest of four too and spoiled, spoiled, spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is so fun to learn a bit more about you! This was a blast to read!! Congrats on your awards and I really like how you handled passing them on...you are a total class act!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have eaten peanut butter on my pancakes. My SIL and grandsons do too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! Very well deserved! Peanut butter on pancakes sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh dear, afraid of frogs. ;) We have a duck pond across the road and the frogs are very loud at night.... I guess that would cause a few nightmares for you?
    Congrats Gina on the awards....well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats Ms. Gina! I always enjoy learning something new about you...peanutbutter on pancakes huh? Interesting. Never tried it. I've tried them with strawberry preserves, but not with peanutbutter...should give it try :-)

    Much love,
    ❤Ana

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram