Friday, July 25, 2014

The Proper Foundations for Women and Rug Pads Alike

How's that for a title?

Can we talk today?

I would like to talk about rug pads.  
Now I know what you're saying...
"Rug pads? Seriously?"

Please bear with me, I'll tell you a tale, we'll share some wisdom 
and maybe we'll even have a laugh.  Deal?

♥♥♥

Any fashion expert will tell you in order
for your clothes to look their best, you must start with the basics.
Those basics being properly fitting undergarments.
They are essential to how your clothes will look on you.
(Spanx, anyone?)

Yes, I know you're now saying...
"Wait.  What?"  
"I thought we were talking about rug pads?
We are. 

 When it comes to area rugs, the rug pad
is the foundation for making your area rug look its best!
(Just like those properly fitting undergarments.)

I shared my new rug with you a few months ago.
We purchased a rug pad from one of the big box stores,
laid it down, added the rug on top and called it a day.

I noticed, however, that the legs of my furniture
were digging into the rug, making it look,
for lack of a better word, wonky.  
See?




 My husband was quick to tell me that this "wonkiness" was
because I had bought a poor quality rug.  I quickly dismissed his
statement, but secretly began to worry that he might be right.
(And you know as well as I, we don't want our husbands to be right.)

But then....
I got my hands on a Premium Lock rug pad
from Rug Pad USA.

Now take a look:




Pretty amazing, right?

This is what the pad looks like: 


One side is rubber, the other felt.
I used the rubber side on top since my rug was
going over a carpet.  If I was looking to put the
rug on a hardwood floor, I would put the rubber side down,
making a perfect non-slip surface.

Honestly, not only does my area rug look better, 
but it also feels better underfoot.  Which really surprised me, 
I wasn't expecting that at all.

If you are in the market for a rug pad, please keep
Rug Pad USA in mind! 

Their pads are eco-friendly,
made in the USA (I love that),
and are shipped quickly with free shipping!

And...
They can be cut to size!
(Because just like women's undergarments, one size doesn't fit all!)

What more could you ask for really?

I'll be working on my living room soon.
New couches are on order and will be here shortly.
I know, without a doubt, I'll be ordering
a new rug pad for the living room area rug.
I've been spoiled now, there's no turning back!

Have a super weekend!
I'll be taking a short blog break to enjoy Summer.
See you soon!









**I was provided a rug pad by Rug Pad USA, however, all opinions are strictly my own.
Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

8 comments:

  1. Well, there you go!
    What a difference your rug pad has made.

    I was just thinking about getting a new rug for under the dining room table, and I need to put a rug pad under it.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information.

    Enjoy your break!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! I hate when a rug slides around every time someone walks on it!
    Enjoy your blog break :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good recommendation, thank you. Hugs. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Gina, what a difference that rug pad makes! I can't wait to see your new sofas. Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice looking pad. It looks like it will stay in place unlike the all rubber ones I have purchased. How wonderful that they sent you one. I will have to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know. Thanks for the info Gina. Great comparison...Hee, Hee, hee.

    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes all the difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram