Friday, December 19, 2014

The Christmas Entryway

Good Morning!
We are really in the down swing now.
Less than 1 week until the big day!

I was thinking that I probably should have
started my Christmas tour with the entryway,
but oh well, what's done is done.

In my front entryway, 
just between my living and dining room,
stands a little bookcase.

It is here that I have nestled my one and only Nutcracker.

He is a very special Nutcracker because he was a Christmas gift from my son.
When my son was very young, my husband took him out shopping, 
and he selected this Nutcracker all by himself,
especially for me.


I have always displayed this Nutcracker here, 
but this year, I nestled him inside a vintage suitcase.


I think it shows him off quite well.

With all the Christmas decor I have, it's the pieces like
this one that mean so much to me,
and I imagine they always will.

I'm just about ready to wrap up the Christmas tour.
The kitchen is up next!

As always, thanks for joining me here @ Random Thoughts.  


 
Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

9 comments:

  1. Gina, this is one of the cutest vignettes I've seen so far! I love the little case. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet boy!
    But then with a big heart father and great taste mother... the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree.
    I love nutcrackers. And I have none. One day who knows I might convince myself I need some ahahah they're so happy and fun inducing.

    Lovely Vignette Gina! What a Wonderful Welcome your family and friends receive in your sweet home.

    Enjoy,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kinds of decorations are the very best, Gina. I love that you see him every time you come into the house. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty vignette Gina, the perfect way to show off your very special Nutcracker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok now I am caugbt up.
    Sooo fun. The kids tree is great and so are the elves.
    Love the Nutcracker and the suitcase.

    Enjoy the weekend!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a truly creative idea, Gina! I would say thinking outside of the box but it's actually inside the box! Ha ha! I love nutcrackers but my daughter was really frightened of them as a toddler. Now that I think of their mouths...

    I really do love your foyer in spite of the jokes. Merry Christmas to you!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is lovely when decorations have such great memories attached to them isn't it. Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those special gifts too! Beautiful vignette for the entryway!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram