Monday, January 12, 2015

Winter Mantel 2015

Hello and Happy New Year!

 (I know, I know...I'm a little late to the New Year's party, 
but better late than never, right?)

Now that all the Christmas decor has been
put away for another year,
and I've offered up a prayer of thanks and also a prayer of hope
that we all be here to celebrate again next year,
I'm always faced with the glaring reality of....

"What do I do now?"

It is still very much Winter, so I feel my decor
needs to say that it's still very much Winter.
(It's been soooo cold here...and windy...bitingly windy.)

So I put some things together
and here is my After Christmas Winter Mantel:

♥♥♥







I bought these adorable little birds at Target before Christmas.
I loved that they were dressed for Winter so I  knew
they'd be perfect to use after Christmas.


Lanterns, candles & a frosty evergreen tree
 all give me that Winter feeling I was going for.


 I made a pom pom garland and added a few
snowflakes that I purchased after Christmas
at 75% off.


There you have it!
This is such a simple mantel, yet right on target with the season.

Stay warm, my friends.
If you are lucky enough to live in a warmer climate,
please enjoy that warm sunshine for me.  

See you soon!

Linking to:

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

15 comments:

  1. Gina - your mantle display is so beautiful!! It does remind me of a lovely snowy day (not that I see that many of those here in Georgia - lol!).
    The little winter birds are just so adorable and those large snowflakes are the "icing on the cake". It has been cold here, but I guess I cannot complain compared to what you are experiencing. You stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm loving the sweet birdies, Gina! They just make me smile as they're all spruced up in their wintry finery. The mantle looks perfect for the month of January! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very in tune for Winter....the birds are adorable!!

    Talk about cold.....and what's with all the wind we've been having??? Ahh, winter.....embrace it!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great1 Very snowy and wintery, but not Christmassy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it's still winter there's no doubt about it. -30 cel here soooo cold.
    Your mantle is cute with those birds. I remember seeing them.
    Yes stay warm my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute mantel, Gina! We aren't having to deal with frigid weather, so I really struggle with what to do around here. Those little birds are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!
    Love, love, love the birds.
    Wish I had seen these at our
    Target.

    Stop by and see my snowflakes.

    M : )


    ReplyDelete
  8. I. LOVE. THOSE. BIRDS. Soooo cute! A beautiful mantel Gina. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gina
    Your winter mantel is adorable and I always love checking out your newest creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always go for wonderful mantel decorating during the Holidays. And after. I really love the after... probably because I like not-to-decorate the mantel after the holidays, in a sense, I live vicariously through yours ahahahah
    And THIS is my favorite of all I've ever seen from you. It's fun, it's cozy, it's celebratory of life and happiness. Prefect for the New Year.
    Congratulations and Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mantel is just right! and I love that it is simple, and white and has some snowflakes. Those little birds are so cute! I have noticed pom poms are abit of the new thing on Pinterest etc. I have left up my Christmas mantel, minus the wreath...I have some very bare spots to work on throughout the rest of the house though! Not much creativity happening right now either :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your winter mantel, I have pinned it because I am always needing great looking inspiration. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, can't believe how fast Christmas came and went...Your winter mantel looks winter wonderful. Wishing you a new year filled with much love, good health, much happiness and many wonderful adventures. Thank you for your beautiful card my sweet friend. Sending you warm hugs.

    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram