Friday, February 20, 2015

Four Chip Muffins

I had to have a procedure done a few weeks ago.
After said procedure, I was given a diet to follow for one week by my doctor.

Foods NOT on this diet....
whole grains, fresh fruit, fresh veggies.

Foods ON this diet....
refined white grains, cookies, cakes, muffins, butter, ice cream, 
bacon, carbonated beverages, etc.

Honestly.
I kid you not.

So what did I do?
I threw all caution to the wind & had a grand old time!

 (Yes, in hindsight, I now see this was not a smart move, 
but I'm happy to say I am back on track with my healthy diet.)

I've have always loved to bake & with my new healthier lifestyle 
over the past year, I just don't get to bake as much as I would like.  
So I remedied that...doctor's orders.  :)


Enter this delectable muffin:



I bought a muffin cookbook a decade ago and I have pretty
much been happy with every muffin I've ever made from it.

Here's the recipe:


FOUR CHIP MUFFINS

2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
½ cup butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ cup butterscotch chips
½ cup peanut butter chips
½ cup chopped walnuts (I didn't add the walnuts)

Heat oven to 350°.  In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder & salt.  In another bowl, blend together milk, butter, eggs & vanilla.  Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.  Add the milk mixture and stir just to combine.  Stir in the chips and nuts (if using).  Fill greased muffin tins.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.  Cool.

Makes 1 dozen muffins.




Grab a muffin and a hot cup of tea (or coffee) 
and
have a great day!



 
Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

10 comments:

  1. Hope you are doing well now.
    The muffins look and sound delish!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious, Gina. When I had some stomach problems at one time they had me eating vanilla ice cream, mashed potatoes and white bread. lol

    Hope you are doing okay! Happy Weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am glad that you followed the instructions!! I hope that it has done the trick and that you are now back to yourself again and feeling fit and healthy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling all better now, Gina. Your muffins look so yummy. I'm saving this recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a very yummy muffin recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, I hope you are better. It would certainly help with this terribly cold weather if I was told to eat cookies, muffins and all the rest. I would jump on the chance but then again there would not have been any procedure to deal with. These look like a good excuse for me to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gina, I sincerely hope that you are all right. I am jealous, though, and wish my doctor would order a diet for me like that - yipee! The muffins sound delicious and I will try them next week. Tomorrow, I have a doctor's appointment and will have to be weighed. I am on a fasting diet today (just today) - hope to lose five pounds by in the morning. Wish me luck! Hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd never want to wish myself a procedure just to get some goodies, but gosh darn it at least there is some reward for having a *procedure*!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodnes Ms. Gina,
    These look delish!!! Hope all is well with you my sweet friend. Please take care and listen to your doctor.

    Love you bunches,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope that you are feeling better!! Those muffins look so delicious!!!!

    Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram